Tuesday, September 14, 2010

NJ Ultra Festival (50k) Race

http://www.njtrailseries.com/njultrafestival

Game Plan:

As I write this (9/14/2010) I have been going over a plan to approach this goal for the last couple days in my head. So far, this is what I've come up with.

Note: This is all based on assuming I will not be attending the Spring semester at Springfield college. Most likely will be returning home to attend somewhere near there so I can have my car, and therefore hit trails. I also would then be able to eat how I want to again.

Layout:

Remainder of September-End of October- Focus on the following:
- Losing weight (5 pounds maybe, just to be lighter. I'm sure it can't hurt)
- Getting elbow healed (Can't do cleans with the pain right now, those are helpful for the race)
- Getting diet under control (paleo)
- Improving my running technique
- Reading up on ultra runners with experience, game planning for the actual race
- Follow program with some changes (due to lack of ability here on campus)

October-December 22
- Do as many trail runs as possible (when home for the weekend)
- Keep diet dialed in
- Follow program as best I can. Hopefully can use the elbows again.

December 23-March 19th
- Completely strict training
- Diet dialed in, experiment with stuff I can consume while running
- Anything else for pre-race preparations


PROGRAM/SCHEDULE:

Day 1: Crossfit Metcon/Strength Day Paired with CFE (short distance intervals)
Day 2: Metcon/Strength Day/Active Recovery Day
Day 3: Crossfit Metcon/Strength Day Paired with CFE (medium distance intervals, no more than 10k run)
Day 4: Rest Day
Day 5: Metcon/Strength Day/Whatever Paired with a long Walk/Ruck
Day 6: Long Run
Day 7: Rest


All tentative, got to see how it works but I like it so far. Will update with further stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment