Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I'm Headed out West!

Training recently has been bodybuilding stuff mostly. I've had a sore shoulder the last week so I've been taking it easy. Going to hit some hot yoga for the first time tomorrow morning in about a month.


Besides that- got some amazing news. I'm moving out to Granby, CO for 13 weeks this summer beginning on May 29 to work as a camp counsellor. I went through two interviews and my three references (including this guy) solidified this dream job for me. I'm so excited to go out there and see if it's a place I would actually like to live. I'll have two days off a week to travel to see different parts of Colorado and check out some grad schools while I'm out there. Needless to say I haven't been this excited in probably two years for anything.

Other than that, I'm making moves with my music career too. I'm performing for the first time at the end of April. I'll be opening a small perfomance on campus with a guitar and singing piece by John Mayer, singing two other songs, and doing a skit song with another girl. I've never done anything like this so I'm extremely excited for a new opportunity but nervous as well.

My life has been prioritized recently as such: school, work, the future, music, training. I wouldn't even call it training because I have no goals in mind at the moment. It's been on the back burner for over a month now and I'm okay with it. I'm very excited to develop some other elements of my life I had slacked on, and grad school is right around the corner, so I need to get my GPA as high as possible to ensure I get into everywhere I apply. I'm getting paid well, studying a lot and playing a lot of music, and I'm a lot happier than I have been in the past.

With the Colorado news, I know that I will not lift weights for over 3 months, a tough pill to swallow indeed, but will be a good experience. They will be here when I get back, and I'll be a beast on the gymnastics rings, with bodyweight exercises and at trail running and hiking. I'll probably be the leanest I've ever been!


Anyway, that's my spiel. 10 weeks until I leave for Colorado, and I'm sure I'll post between now and then. Hope all are well.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Very excited for you man. Don't worry about training, go with what you enjoy at the moment. Good luck and keep us updated.

Post a Comment