Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Operation Heal My Elbows

Just to elaborate, and give me somewhere a spot to put my game plan on this, I'm posting about how I want to heal my elbow. I'm writing this on 8/24, and today is a rest day. My plan is to take 2 weeks off completely from upper body work, and limit all elbow movements to a minimum. Lots of ice, lots of rest, lots of hot/cold baths, and a fair amount of massage will take place. After 2 weeks, if it is no better I will get it evaluated at my college by the doctors (since I'm leaving in 11 days). Hopefully this step never has to happen.

To make the most out of this misfortune, I'm going to work on all the weaknesses I have that I can actually do without my elbow. Lots of lower core strength, midline stabilization, situps, sprints, etc. I will probably do a lot more running, even though I'm already a proficient runner. I think it would be a good time to get back some of the endurance I used to have. I will still be doing metcons and back squatting heavy if all goes well. I'm going to up my fish oil intake as well to hopefully help in some regard.

I will also add to the COMMENTS section every night a category called "Elbow" to write about how it felt, things I did to try to improve it, etc. Hopefully I can use that as a good evaluation tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment