Friday, December 2, 2011

Quick One

Posting before I forget or don't have time to later since I won't be training today.


Tomorrow I'm running the Fells Winter Soltice 40m race in Stoneham, MA. Longest distance I covered a few weeks ago was 30m, 23 of them running during the Ghost Train race. I had 2 runs of 6 or 7 miles in between them and several barefoot runs to top it off. Not a whole lot of training on the running front as I've been really into the weights recently, but that's going to change after this race.

No real goal in mind other than finishing the 40m. It's going to be tempting once I hit 4 loops and people start to call it quits (especially if it's cold) but I'm going into it expecting to finish the whole thing. High tomorrow is mid 40's and low is about 35 so it'll be a cool sunny day. There is a 9 hour time limit, and with my 50m time being less than an hour more than that I think I'll be in good shape to finish under the cutoff as long as I go at my own pace and push towards the end.

Looking forward I have either one or two 50ks in the month of January I'd like to get done (GAC Fat Ass and/or Cape Cod Frozen Fat Ass) and this will be a great run to help improve my endurance for those so I can worry about going faster. I've heard this course is a real ball buster which isn't something I've experienced much of besides some parts of the TARC summer classic loop so hopefully I learn a thing or two tomorrow. I'm currently looking for races in the months of February and March of 2012, so if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Not going to do a really long race report but I expect to post something tomorrow night. I'm bringing my camera so I can snap a few pictures for the blog. Wish me luck!


P.S- let me know what you think of the new banner, I made it myself last night and thought it came out pretty good

2 comments:

Justin said...

good luck ben and sick banner. how'd u do that? i must be a blogger idiot and have been looking to do something personal like that just don't know how...

Ben said...

Basically just took all the pictures I have of myself and cut and pasted them into a paint document that fit the size of the blog's banner.

If you want I can make you one if you wanted to send me like 10-15 pictures, or I can make something else simple like that just let me know.

Post a Comment