Thursday, September 29, 2011

Rest Day

No training.


Did yoga yesterday


COMMENTS
  • General: Did 90 min of P90x yoga yesterday which felt awesome. Going to start doing it once a week fa sho. I got some potentially bad news in the reflections that has left me feeling pretty shitty the last few days.
  • Nutrition: It's been really good the past few days.
  • Body: Tired, but nothing bad. yoga did wonders for my back.
  • Sleep: 9 hours.
  • Reflections: If you remember early in the summer I got depressed and had a 2 month time period where everything in my life was really bad. If you know me personally you know how bad it got. Long story short, I learned from that that I get depressed and stressed very easily. About a month ago, I started noticing something wrong with my heart. My heart? It was a sharp pain, feeling as though my heart beat was a stabbing pain in my chest and everything got tight. I opted not to say anything because I didn't want my mom to freak out which she is prone to doing. It happens for 1 minute or less 2-3 times a day, everyday. It got really bad last week and I finally decided to tell my mom who sent me to the health center at school. I got an EKG and bloodwork done and basically I have what are called PVC's that cause chest pain. They aren't dangerous unless it starts to affect my workouts, and they have yet to do that. It's a stress trigger, and being a college student I have plenty of stress (among other reasons I won't go into). So my bloodwork came back normal and now I'm going to be wearing a heart monitor for a few days next week to monitor the beat and make sure everything is OK. The doctor told me today as of now I have no restrictions but it could change once the monitoring process begins. If you asked me today I would say I'm still attempting to run 105 miles in a few weeks but I don't know what's going to happen. Even little stressors have been putting me over the top recently so running that far may be asking my body too much right now. I'll keep it updated as I learn more information. Turns out another blog I follow has the same problem. He recently posted info on good ways to treat it Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment