Sunday, September 4, 2011

Where I've Been

I've been MIA off and on the last couple weeks just because I either forget to blog or I am not by a computer when I go to sleep. I am all moved back into Springfield College and blogging should continue as it has in the past. I've been thinking a hell of a lot about where I want to go with my training in 2012, and right now I'm still pretty stumped. I love strength training and I know that is not going anywhere, but besides that I'm a little confused as to where I want to head next. Running is becoming an off and on thing with me. Sometimes I get the feeling that it's a chore and since I haven't done a lot of races I don't really want to train for them on some days. The only thing that has kept the spark alive is the idea that I want to run 100+ miles. I think after I do that once that will decide where I head next. That being said, I'm officially committing to giving it my 100% best effort to run 105 miles at the Ghost Train trail race in about 7-8 weeks. I don't plan to do a whole lot of running before it approaches but I will continue to get time on my feet and lots of strength training in.


Regular blogging will hopefully continue now that I'm back in a routine. I'd like to see where I'm at a month from now because recently I've felt in a funk with my training and I'd like to get out of it ASAP. Side note, all the protein I've been inhaling has been doing wonders for size gains. I've noticed increases in size in my upper body in just 2 weeks. This will continue until I'm where I want to be size-wise.

2 comments:

Justin said...

105 will be easy. Aim higher. Just kidding. Glad you are going to come along for the ride. We should plan out everything (aid, pacers, rides) and such as soon as possible. Do you think Dan or Ben G may want to run a bit?

Ben said...

I don't think Dan will have much interest but I'll talk to him. Ben lives like 10 minutes from Grafton so if he was interested then he would be easy to get. Personally I don't think I will use a pacer just because it's more of a hassle finding someone and I think I can do it without one.

I'll come home from SC which is an hour from your house that weekend, and either you or me can drive up. Other than that we can talk more on email or the phone whenever just let me know

Post a Comment