Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekend Off

No training Saturday or Sunday


COMMENTS
  • General: This weekend kind of got away from me as far as being productive. I saw some old friends I haven't seen in a few months and met some new people in a town I'd never been to before so it was fun but I wish I had done something
  • Nutrition: Pretty poor, I drank and ate some crap throughout the nights
  • Body: Feeling good, back was tight when I woke up the other morning but I think it's fine
  • Sleep: Maybe 9 hours combined between the 2 nights....
  • Reflections: This was my last weekend until the race where I'll be going out. Time to get everything I can ready mentally and physically for the run. My tentative plan for the next month is:

This week: Train using GSLP as usual, couple conditioning sessions. Last week of full training
Next Week: Train Monday, light workout Tuesday, done training until race day
Race on the 22nd
Post Race: 10 full days of NO training. I'm going to be very serious about this because after my last 2 ultras I've jumped back into it too quickly and ended up getting a serious cold and/or injured both times. I'd rather take some time off and fully heal up. I'm also going to use this time to do some research and figure out where I want to take my training for 2012, and what I want to do as far as training. I think it'll be a great time to do that because although I hate to say it, if I was to not finish this 105 mile run then I would be very determined to attempt it again. If I finish I may choose to take another path in 2012. I think it's also a good time to take 10 days off just because it will likely fix the little bit left of the injury in my back and give my upper body a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment