Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A little trail action

30 min run/hike on Wheeler Rd. Trails


COMMENTS
  • General: Light run today to test the achilles once again. It holds up for about 15 minutes on most runs then start to bother me, but the pain is no longer there. I won't run tomorrow or Thursday most likely, and hopefully that will do the trick of healing it 100%. Wheeler trails are really nice. Plan to go there more often and explore.
  • Nutrition: Great
  • Body: Squat muscles are a bit tight. Seem to write that a lot nowadays with the amount of squatting I do. Elbows feel good
  • Sleep: 9 hours. I will be getting a lot more sleep now that school's over.
  • Reflections: Been thinking about how I will get my endurance back AFAP once I'm good again. Going to start at the 1 hour run and work my way back up to 3-4 hours. It's been so long since I've done one of those in training that I need to ramp up for sure. I plan to get 1 or 2 of those really long runs in before the TARC 6 hour event in August to make sure I can focus solely on speed and not worrying about crashing. Template for the summer is almost done, just trying to tweak a few things.

No comments:

Post a Comment