Sunday, May 8, 2011

Wapack Volunteer

No training


COMMENTS
  • General: I volunteered at the Wapack 50mile ultra today in New Ipswich, NH. The course was amazing and consisted of the hardest trails I've ever seen in person. Lots of rocks and elevation. I plan to do this race next year.
  • Nutrition: Not good and drank. I could not eat meat today. Had maybe 30 grams of protein. Thinking about eating any of it in my fridge made me want to vomit.
  • Body: Legs were a tad sore.
  • Sleep: 3 hours
  • Reflections: Race was inspiring. I'm pumped to hit that trail next year. Volunteering was pretty boring but it was fun and now I've done my volunteer work within a 14 month period if I choose to do Vermont 100 next year. Probably going to go back to the wapack trail in a few weeks once I can run again and do a long run there.

2 comments:

Justin said...

thanks for volunteering ben. it was nice to see a familiar face on the course. sorry i didn't converse much as the trails were taking a toll on me. i'll surely hit off a training run up there with you so let me know.

Ben said...

You got it. It was so weird because literally everyone thanked us for volunteering. Didn't expect that. We'll run up there sometime soon for sure.

Post a Comment