Sunday, August 14, 2011

Recover!

No training. 25 min walk

COMMENTS
  • General: Oh boy did I feel like asshole today. I woke up feeling like I had an allergic reaction to something. Eyes were watering and itchy, my nose was stuffed and my throat was (and still is) scratchy. Not sure what to make of it to be honest. I guess it's just my body reacting to the race. I also have been taking in way too much caffeine recently and decided to ease back on that for a few weeks before school starts, so I'm sure that's part of the reason I felt like crap. I also took 2 baths, one with epsom salt in it.
  • Nutrition: Really good. I had a bowl of cereal but other than that I ate clean.
  • Body: My toes are mangled. My right toe nail is destroyed and I have 3 big blisters. Quads and hamstrings are the sorest. Calves really aren't very sore at all. That's usually the opposite of how I've felt after long runs in the past.
  • Sleep: 9 hours. I felt like I got run over by a bus when I woke up and it took me 45 min to get out of bed.
  • Reflections: Considering I did literally nothing  today I think I'll be good to train tomorrow. My day consisted of about 8 hours of watching TV and sitting on my laptop. A good athlete needs one of these days every once in a while. If I feel good tomorrow I will work out, otherwise I'll wait until Tuesday. Either way I'll be doing more conditioning than normal until I go back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment