Thursday, August 11, 2011

Rest

No training

COMMENTS
  • General: Took full advantage of the rest today. Lots of food, only a light walk in the AM for about 30 minutes and besides that just relaxed. Felt a lot better by the end of the day than at the beginning.
  • Nutrition: Not very good health-wise. Ate a lot more grains than normal and had ice cream and nachos late night with Dan. I ate at a major calorie excess on purpose today in order to recover fully for Saturday.
  • Body: Chest is pretty sore, but I feel decent otherwise.
  • Sleep: 8 hours, maybe a bit more
  • Reflections: Tomorrow I will do similar to today but not pig out. I pigged out on purpose in order to get rid of the fatigue-ish feeling I've felt in my legs and body this week. I won't work out tomorrow but will likely go for a walk, and other than that just chill out. I'm going to help Dan tomorrow by giving him all the race advice I know and also helping him set up a drop bag while I do my own. Feels good to be the teacher and not the student for once. Going into Saturday I'm thinking my main goal will be to do everything right for the entire six hours on the course-- this means pacing myself, eating well, hydrating, being quick at aid stations, changing socks/shoes if necessary, etc. I'm going to be really anal about it because this will be my longest run before I attempt 105 miles if I do choose to do that. I think this will be a good test to see where my endurance is at. I'm also looking forward to seeing how Dan does as he's been doing little running specific training recently but has a good base. I always find it interesting to see how athletes like us fare in these type of events.

No comments:

Post a Comment