Sunday, August 21, 2011

Weekend

Friday: Bench Pressed 210x4 (PR)
Lots of curls

Saturday and Sunday: Rested

COMMMENTS
  • General: I was in NH this weekend partying but came home a day early because it wasn't as fun as I thought it was going to be. I hit a weak PR on Friday, wanted 5 but missed the lockout. I'm feeling well rested and ready for the next week of training.
  • Nutrition: Pretty poor. I drank a lot of booze both nights and did some other questionable things. The first night I ate a lot of shit after I drank too which made me feel sick as hell Saturday.
  • Body: Good. All the mwodding I've been doing is helping my back feel better and I think I'm good to start squatting and deadlifting frequently again.
  • Sleep: Poor all weekend. I'll sleep well tonight and be good for tomorrow though.
  • Reflections: I go back to school 2 weeks from tomorrow. I found a strength program I'm really fond of called the Greyskull Linear Progression. It can be found outlined below. I'm basically going to be following this program to the T over the course of the next month or two, adding in 3 conditioning sessions a week. On top of what's already there, I plan to go on a trail run every Tuesday, do some high intensity conditioning on Wednesday (most likely hill sprints) and then a longer run on Saturdays. Going to 3 days of dedicated running a week should really improve my abilities. I'm also planning on re-introducing barefoot running into my training. Doing light 1-2 mile runs barefoot on training and non training days is what I'd like to work up to. I am also going to up my protein intake everyday from here on out to hopefully see further increases in my upper body. Probably around 250-300g on training days will be my goal, and we'll see where that takes me. I've had some shitty training recently and have not been on schedule as I normally am so I plan to hit the ground running tomorrow with this and get back to being consistent with my training with set objectives in mind to reach my 2 goals; getting stronger and becoming a better ultra-runner. I've got likely 3 more events in 2011 that I want to do well in, so I need to get my shit straight now.
Monday
Bench/ or Press (A/B) 2x 5, 1 x 5+
Curl 2x 10-15 (bench days)
Squat 2x 5, 1x 5+
Neck Harness

Wednesday
Bench/ or Press 2x5, 1x 5+
Weighted Chins 2 x 6-8 (press days, and only if you can do at least 6-8 BW chins)
Deadlift 1x 5+ (with or without power cleans as warmups)
Neck Harness

Friday
Bench/ or Press (A/B) 2x 5, 1 x 5+
Curl 2x 10-15 (bench days)
Squat 2x 5, 1x 5+
Neck Harness    

No comments:

Post a Comment