Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Run

Powerline Trail (6.6 miles out and back) in 1:03:02


COMMENTS
  • General: I didn't PR today, but I had a great run nonetheless. I bonked within the last 8 minutes of the run and ended up walking like 3 times in the last couple minutes, as opposed to only walking briefly one other time on the course. Didn't eat enough carbs as I went right out of bed and only had a mini bagel. I attribute not PRing to simply not running very much this summer and increasing the size of my body significantly.
  • Nutrition: Good minus a heaping bowl of ice cream with mix-ins, including strawberry rhubarb pie pieces.
  • Body: Shoulders are kind of sore. Back is absolutely destroyed from deadlifting. So sore.
  • Sleep: 7 to 8 hours. Woke up feeling like asshole due to the deadlifts yesterday torching my CNS.
  • Reflections: Not too mad about not PRing as I feel like I can get sub 60 as long as I continue running. Now that summer is wrapping up (sort of) I will be running a lot more, as I've always enjoyed running in the fall more than any other season. Speaking of running, I signed up for the winter solstice on December 3rd (40 miler) as I already mentioned and will be signing up for the Ghost Train Trail Race tomorrow. It's located in Brookline, NH and takes place October 22. Basically it's a 15 mile out and back flat course on which you run as many loops as you want. It's pretty much a fat ass race in that you supply most of your own stuff and the race is cheap. My goal going into this race will be to run it either 4 or 5 times, HOWEVER, Contois signed up for it this evening as well. When I asked him if he was planning to run 105 miles when he does this run, his response was "Why, do you want to join me?" The seeds been planted and I'm going to need to do some thinking.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Dude, doesn't staying up all night and hallucinating in the woods appeal to college kids? I thought you would be all over the 100!

Post a Comment