Friday, November 18, 2011

HPC+J, Squat, Press, Accessory

Hang Power Clean W/ Overhead Lockout (wasn't a jerk but was more than a push press- basically really lenient on my form.
139x2
159
179
189


Back Squat
5x225#
275#
315#
335# (PR- not a lifetime PR but heaviest squat I've done in about 4 months.)
8x275#


Overhead Press
Work up to heavy 1 or 2 rep max-- 2x165# (Lifetime PR)
4x4x145# (Volume PR I believe)

Accessory:

Supersets of Close Grip Bench Press @ 155# with 55# DB Hammer Curls-- 7/7, 7/7, 6/7

Chinups- 10, 8, 6 then worked on lowering slowly from the top of a pullup for a few reps


COMMENTS
  • General: Hit a lifetime PR on press without really trying to can't really complain. Squat "pr" was nice even though the most I've ever squatted was 365 but after a few injuries I can't complain how far away I am from it. It probably wasn't my max but I wasn't interested in trying to test that theory. Really liking doing chin ups or pullups 3x a week as I have already noticed an increase in strength in my arms.
  • Nutrition: Pretty good- little bit of junk thrown in there but mostly good amounts of protein. Had 3 beers
  • Body: Feeling good. My back is tight, still sore but on the rebound
  • Sleep: Not too many hours- had to register for classes at 7am.
  • Reflections: Home for Thanksgiving early as a lot of my professors cancelled class next week and I decided to take a few extra days and skip the couple that didn't. Trained at Baystate today for the first time in a few months and it felt awesome. I really miss this gym more than anything else that I have at home to be honest. Tomorrow I'll get some form of conditioning in, not exactly sure what yet. I'd like to get a run in either tomorrow or Sunday on the Riverlin trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment