Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pain in the neck

No training the last 2 days (Thursday and Friday)

COMMENTS
  • General: In my gymnastics class at school I hurt my neck pretty bad practicing headstands to roll outs, something I've never done before. Pain went from bad to excrutiating yesterday so I went and got xrays done but they came out negative. Today is Saturday and it's feeling a lot better but still not 100% so I'm glad to at least know it will be gone soon. Those 2 days I physically would not have been able to train, especially Friday where I could barely move my neck. I have a prescription of muscle relaxers to help me sleep the next couple nights and I'll be taking painkillers until it's gone.
  • Nutrition: it's been OK. I did a fitday analysis today that really opened my eyes.
  • Body: Alright minus the neck
  • Sleep: 5 hours Thursday night and a lot better the other night
  • Reflections: I was worried I wouldn't be able to run or lift this weekend but now I think I'll be good to do both. I'm going to lift on Saturday and go for a run on Sunday. Glad that my neck injury wasn't too serious as I was pretty scared initially. I had headaches similar to the ones I get when I have had concussions in the past which is a road I never want to go down again.

No comments:

Post a Comment