Sunday, November 7, 2010

Run Run Run

~4 mile Run in 33:21, 8:20/mile pace

COMMENTS:

General: Really not the definition of a healthy weekend. Didn't work out yesterday because I was hungover and it pissed me off but I was just out of it so I took the day off. I tried the new Inov8 Roclite 295's out, and it's safe to say I'm in love. I can't wait to go home next weekend and hit the trails with them. The run was good, I was holding a good pace and felt fine when I finished minus my calves.

Nutrition: Time to shut up with the excuses and dial it in.

Body: Alright. Achilles felt good but my calves were sore as shit after 25 minutes so, probably because they haven't been worked in 3 weeks in this manner. Played it smart. Elbows have been bothersome all weekend.

Sleep: 8 hours... Not great quality because I had to share a twin bed but whatever.

Reflections: I'm going to start wearing my brace more for my elbow to remind me that I do have a problem and I need to lay off the everyday things that could irritate the nerve. The nutrition problem is just a stupid mistake that is my fault and I'm man enough to admit I've just been lazy. I can do much better and my race deserves a better effort from me so I'll be better from here on out. I have thought a lot about the elbow situation and was thinking that maybe if I just bite the bullet and get a nice heaping dose of runners muscles (maybe 4-5 runs a week) for 2-3 weeks I'll not only surpass where I was before with the running but it just might heal completely. We'll see though because I need variety to be mentally happy and motivated to train.

No comments:

Post a Comment