Friday, January 7, 2011

Rest Day

No training

COMMENTS

  • General: As scheduled, the last day of no training before the race. Writing this now I just got off work and hanging with my girlfriend for a bit. I have everything I need ready to go next to the front door and a 5:30am wake up call for tomorrow. I'm apprehensive and nervous right now about it. I really just want to start going. The hardest part to think about is that 1 hour between 8am and 9am where I have to wait to start. I will update tomorrow night with results and will hopefully do a race report the next day.
  • Nutrition: Not good, carbing up for tomorrow. Major cheat scheduled after the race (Uno's pizza baby! I bet it tastes better with a finishing time and not a DNF)
  • Body: I feel good. Mentally I feel good. Kind of tired from not getting great nights of sleep recently.
  • Sleep: 8 hours. Not going to sleep well tonight. As I write this the best I can do is 7.5 hours.
  • Reflections: I'm just hoping I'm trained well enough. Quitting won't be an option unless I decide seriously that it might prevent me from running the 50 miler in March. Other than that it's go time. I can't wait to finally join the ranks of an actual ultra-runner. Tomorrow is the start of big things, and likely the first of many races I will do.

2 comments:

Shane said...

Good luck. It's a sweet course. Don't run the first loop too fast. I hope you do better than I did there :)

Ben said...

Thanks man. I really used that first loop advice as you'll see in my write up when it's posted.

Post a Comment