Friday, December 31, 2010

Rest Day

No training.










COMMENTS

General: Can't believe tomorrow is 2011. Time for a solid year of training. Not going out on New Year's because I'm getting up early to get one last trail run in before my ultra next weekend. Hoping to go 2-3 hours. I really didn't care about going out anyway so I'm looking forward to the morning.

Nutrition: Good, had some ice cream and might have a clif bar or something before bed to make sure I'm carbed for the morning. I was in ketosis earlier.

Body: Shoulders tight, otherwise feeling good.

Sleep: 9 hours

Reflections: I wrote my programming for 2011, as you can see from the pictures above. I based the strength portion of the template I made off CFFB, Witchita falls, Starting Strength, and Justin Lascek's newest strength program he came out with. Once I finish this CFSB cycle, test my 1rm's, finish my 50k next weekend and take a few days off to get ready I will be ready to get my programming on the road in preparation for my 50 miler and to get closer to my strength goals for 2011. I estimate to start somewhere around the time my next semester at school does.

3 comments:

Shane said...

Hi Ben,

I looked over the template. It looks good.
Are you only running twice per week? You might want to try to add in another day on either day 1 or day 3. It shouldn't be all-out, more like 20-30 minutes at 85%-90%.

Also, not sure about the IF'ing. I tried it before and failed miserably. Every time I did it, I got sick the next day. So I'm not sure if it'll help you or not but it's worth a try.

Shane said...

Oh, another thing. If your lifts are stalling and you don't feel overtrained, then more sets might help. But if they're getting better than don't mess with it

Ben said...

Cool. I've IF'd in the past with some success, especially with some walking during the later portions to get a little bit leaner. Of course I've never done it with mostly strength training before, so I will definitely keep an eye on it.

I probably will add a 3rd day of running as you described when I have a set run in the future, like the 50miler in New Jersey in a few months. But after that I'll probably look more to maintain while I pick another race to do in the future. Good advice for sure though.
Thanks for taking a look

Post a Comment