Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Oly Lifting, BE, Pullups, Runnin'

35 minute time limit to work up to heavy 1 rep snatch and full clean and jerk

(In lbs, weird numbers because I used kilo bumper plates)

Snatch
99, 109, 119, 124, 125, 134 (PR I think)

Clean + Jerk
134, 159, 179, 189 (PR)
___
Pullups 6-9-6-6-Max 9

3x15 Back Extensions
______
37:30 Run on Riverlin St. Powerline trail, 9 minute pace. Covered about 4 miles

"Death by ~10 yards"
16 Rounds + 16 touches *Exact same score as last time I did this, today's distance may have been longer

Oly lifting MWOD stretching inner legs against walls
COMMENTS
  • General: I couldn't find the dumb hill I wanted to do run intervals on. I had planned to run the trail about a half hour to it but apparently I'm as useful as a blind person when it comes to navigating trails. It's my own fault because I'm used to running with Contois and I just follow his lead without paying attention. The Oly lifting was very fun. My C+J form is very good according to some of the serious powerlifters at my gym. I could've gone heavier on both lifts but my form was getting off on the snatches and the timer ran out with the clean.
  • Nutrition: Day 9 strict.
  • Body: Shoulders and back are sore. Otherwise good.
  • Sleep: 9 hours
  • Reflections: I didn't get to do hot yoga tonight because I was planning on going with my girlfriend and mom. My mother sustained a questionable knee injury that prevented her from attending (I say questionable because it happened suspiciously after she read how hard hot yoga is online) and we decided to wait for her. In general a good day of training but I'm irritated I didn't get to do the hill intervals. I really want to incorporate full olympic lifts more and perfect my snatch form. I did the Oly lifting in my new powerlifting belt today. Not sure how much it helped those lifts particularly but I'm pumped to front squat with it on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment