Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week In Review (3/21-3/27

Highlight of the week:
Not having to eat cat food

Low Point(s) of the week:
Caffeine withdrawals early on in the week

PR's:
None

Things I Said I'd Do, and Did:
- Recover Fully from the race before training again
- Begin the first few days of my 30 day paleo/alpo challenge
- Take care of the body any other way it demands

Things I Didn't Do:
-4 MWOD's

Goals For Next Week:
- Complete scheduled HSPU work on both days
- 3 Mobility Wods
- Complete all scheduled training sessions

OTHER COMMENTS:
Solid week I guess. I made lots of changes this week in my diet and was still in recovery mode. Still knocked out 2 solid training sessions which is less than what I wanted but still alright in my book. Next week I have some good stuff planned as I begin to start working on my sub 5 mile goal. For the first couple weeks I will be easing back into it with basically any interval stuff I plan because the stimulus of that training should be enough. I will also begin a dedicated effort to accomplishing the daunting HSPU goal I set. For some reason I hate handstand pushups. I fuckin' hate them. I don't like being on my head even so I can imagine this will be one of my hardest goals.

My stomach has leaned out a bit in the 6 days it's been of strict eating. I've noticed not eating after 6pm has me waking up in fat burning mode every day which is helping significantly. My recovery for training has been good this week so it may become a permanent thing in the future.

I'm also officially penciling into my plans a 50k next month in Portsmouth, NH. Contois invited me and since he has low expectations for his finishing time on it I may just run with him or try to beat him. It'll be nice to set a new 50k PR anyway. The run is 8 days after my paleo challenge ends so I should be able to throw in one long run the week before to make sure I'm good to go.

2 comments:

Justin said...

"I may just run with him or try to beat him"

Did you just call me out????

I can't wait for April 30th!!

Shane said...

LOL

Post a Comment