Sunday, March 20, 2011

Week In Review (3/14-3/20)

Highlight of the week:
Completing my first 50 mile ultramarathon

Low Point(s) of the week:
None

PR's: (2)
- Longest Distance Ever Completed (50 Miles)
- 14 Strict Pullups

Things I Said I'd Do, and Did:
- Don't do anything stupid Monday-Friday that could jeopardize race
- Finish my first 50 mile ultramarathon
- Run 50 miles in under 10 hours

Things I Didn't Do:
None... got to love that.

Goals For Next Week:
- Recover Fully from the race before training again
- Begin the first few days of my 30 day paleo/alpo challenge
- 4 Mwod's
- Take care of the body any other way it demands

OTHER COMMENTS:
Can't even begin to explain how great it feels to have finished this chapter of my training and completing my first 50 mile race. It just goes to show that when you set the bar high you can do whatever you set your mind to. I'm so pleased that I finished my first 50 in the time I was shooting for. Hopefully this translates to more ultras in my future but like I said in the report I need to make sure that's where I want to go.

On a smaller (but still great) note, I was very happy to see a 3 pullup PR from 2 weeks of training. I will be doing another cycle of 50 pullups starting a week from tomorrow in order to maintain my MWF schedule. I'll do my best to move towards my goal of 20.

I will be ordering a new powerlifting belt and a pair of track shoes later on tonight. The shoes are just a cool pair of road shoes I found on clearance online that I will use when I road run and on the track for CFE workouts. My new template will be up within the next 24-36 hours for the next phase of my goals. I can say there will be lots of track work but other than that I'm still mulling over several options. Time to get my diet in order starting later this week with a 30 day paleo challenge. Penalty for cheating = 1 can of consumed cat food. No thanks, I'll eat the broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment