Sunday, March 13, 2011

Week in Review (3/7-3/13)

Highlight of the week:
40# Total PR on my CFT from 7 weeks ago (865 to 905)

Low Point(s) of the week:
Foot still nagging me
Not being able to match my PB powerclean

PR's: (7)
155# Press (10# PR)
425# Deadlift (15# PR)
11 Dips (PR by 2)
325# Back Squat (10# PR)
225x5# Front Squat
100 Burpees in 6:31 (9 second PR)
180x5# Bench Press

Things I Said I'd Do, and Did:
- Set a new 1 rep PR in all 5 of the barbell lifts on my goals listed
- Finish the 2nd week of the pullup program
- Set another PR in "100 Burpees" Time

Things I Didn't Do:
- 4 or more MWODS (2)
- Didn't really begin preparations for the race

Goals For Next Week:
- Don't do anything stupid Monday-Friday that could jeopardize race
- Finish my first 50 mile ultramarathon
- Run 50 miles in under 10 hours

OTHER COMMENTS:
Hitting 7 PR's was great this week. The only 1rm I didn't test was bench press but that's OK because I could use the extra training days with it anyway. After tomorrow (Monday) I will not even be thinking about barbells for at least a week so it's been a nice week to go out with a bang.

The countdown is 5 days until I head to NJ. I will be driving down Friday morning with my girlfriend, mom and brother for packet pickup later that afternoon. I'm actually excited for the gear the race directors put together for this race because it's really nice. I've been thinking a lot about the whole event recently. My prediction is that the 25 mile point is going to be the most important. The course is flat, and it's 2 loops of 25 total miles. It's going to be tedious as hell but I think hitting the halfway point will be a huge mental boost for me, knowing that I just have to chip away at what I've already done. Other than that I haven't really thought about much specifics for the race other than my quasi-goal of sub 10 hours. My real goal is just to finish, as it should be for my first time going this far.

This upcoming week will be 2 actual days of training since I start my training week on Monday and not on Sunday. Monday will be a strength training session along with testing my max rep pullups. Tuesday I will do some light bodyweight training and one last actual run, probably 3-5 miles. I will take the other days off completely although I do plan to elevate my heartrate somehow on 1-2 of the days for a few minutes just to keep me loose. I also will be icing/heating my left foot in hopes that it feels better for Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment