Monday, March 7, 2011

Week In Review (2/28-3/6)

Highlight of the week:
410# Deadlift and getting to lift with experienced powerlifters

Low Point of the week:
Nothing really low. Kept the volume low so not a whole lot of opportunities to fail.

PR's: (2)
9 Dips
410# Deadlift

Things I Said I'd Do, and Did:
- Keep the week really light, keep ego in check
- Many Performed Recovery Methods (Total of 6-7 throughout week)
-Test out new running shoes
-Test and evaluate the first week of 50pullups.com program

Things I Didn't Do:
- Keep a clean diet

Goals For Next Week:
- Set a new 1 rep PR in all 5 of the barbell lifts on my goals list
- Finish the 2nd week of the pullup program
- Set another PR in "100 Burpees" Time
- Minimum of 4 completed Mobility wods
- Preparations for NJ Ultra Festival begin

OTHER COMMENTS:
First experience with a 'deload' week was a good one. Since I program most of the stuff I do for myself (for better or worse, you be the judge) I sometimes decide things on the fly. A light week was definitely in order after the general shitty feeling I went through for that 7-10 day period. I'm feeling better now which is a good sign. It's hard to say how often, but there will be more light weeks like this in the future.

Writing this now I'm 13 days from the race. It's starting to get real and the fact that my foot is still bugging me is making me nervous. I will be doing everything within my power to finish the race that day, and that's all I can hope for. Part of ultra-running is accepting the fact that you can't always control everything. I'm just along for the ride.

I think adding mobility back into my daily routine is necessary. My plan is to do it in between sets of pullups during the 50pullups program to save time. I need to focus heavily on my glutes and hips for now and not neglect my upper body like I have in the past.

The upcoming week will be heavily based on testing PRs. I have the opportunity to hit 7 PR's this week, with an additional one possible next Monday when I re-test my pullups after the 2 week cycle is over. I did some estimating and I could break a 900# CFT for the first time this week if my numbers are close to what I think I can do. Tuesday of next week will be my last training day. I've got the plan of what I'll be doing set through this Saturday as of now.

Ready for the race, ready for PR's, excited for the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment