Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rest Day

No training

COMMENTS
  • General: I bought a new pair of road shoes today. They are a 2010 model New Balance pair that I got for $40 on blowout clearance at PR running. I told the guy I didn't have much and just needed something for when I wasn't on trails, but something that could also hold up on the track for interval training. Those were what he hooked me up with. They are really padded but should do the trick once worn in.
  • Nutrition: Good, strict day 5.
  • Body: I feel pretty good. My lower back is really tight. Foot is feeling OK. It didn't hurt light jogging in the shoes but hurts when I walk a lot
  • Sleep: 8.5 hours. I've noticed that when I take melatonin now I can't sleep more than 8.5-9 hours, but I wake up really refreshed.
  • Reflections: I won't rest completely tomorrow. My plan is to go for a few miles (foot depending) in the new shoes to wear them in. Sort of realized today that I need something to train for in between now and the Stone Cat in November. It's just too far out. As of now I don't really know what it is I want to do, but likely another ultra if possible. Would be really interested in doing one with 2-3 others. If you're interested feel free to comment on ideas for a possible race. I could travel if necessary (by car).

1 comment:

Justin said...

Hey Ben, I plan on doing the Big A 50K. Its the last weekend in april in Portsmouth,NH. I don't plan on killing it, just running casually. I might not even do the whole thing (i got the wapack 50 the following weekend). Let me know!

Post a Comment