Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Great Day

Deadlift
1x3x395#
1x3x400# (PR)
1x3405# (PR)
1x10x285# w/ double overhand grip

Dumbbell Shrugs
3x12x90#, 2x8x100#

Weighted Step Ups To 10in box
1x8x135#
1x8x155#
1x8x185#
*All sets were 8 sets on each leg

Bulgarian Split Squat w/ no weights added, 3x8 each leg


Very pleased with this lifetime PR on my 3 rep deadlift.
____

Conditioning:

30:20x8 Run Intervals. Completed 1 loop of "walking lap" over on hilltop loop, ended at my house

.74 Miles completed for an average of 5:25 miles

COMMENTS
  • General: What a great day of training. The 405# went up really smoothly which leads me to believe I'll PR again next week if my nutrition stays in line. The shake before bed is making all the difference in my strength gains. It's a phenomenal recovery and muscle building tool. Weighted step ups and bulgarian split squats will become new parts of my training in order to improve on my hill running. The conditioning was a PR from what I recall although I'm not 100%.
  • Nutrition: Clean, although I'll be having dairy and whey before bed.
  • Body: Knee was bothering me a bit today. Both my elbows didn't appreciate the deadlift which is the reason I'm tailoring my training for the rest of this week.
  • Sleep: 7.5 hours
  • Reflections: I'm going to lighten up for the rest of the week with strength training because of my elbows nagging. Tomorrow I will be trail running in the early AM with Contois (rain!) and not doing anything else. Follow that with a rest day thursday, front squat and likely skipped bench pressing Friday, and a long trail run at Bradley Palmer Saturday. Hopefully this will remedy the tenderness I've been experiencing in my elbows but if not I may have to take more drastic recovery methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment