Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week In Review (3/28-4/3)

Highlight of the week:
Olympic Session on Wednesday

Low Point(s) of the week:
Hurting my shin

PR's:  (4)
190x3 Bench Press
190# Clean and Jerk
134# Snatch
4x5min interval PR by 1/2 lap

Things I Said I'd Do, and Did:
- 3 Mobility Wod's
- Complete all training sessions

Things I Didn't Do:
- 2 Days of HSPU work (1)

Goals For Next Week:
- Get in 2 really good runs
- 2 days of HSPU work

OTHER COMMENTS:
I introduced some new concepts this week by going straight across instead of working up to my max sets for the week in the core lifts, and also did more conditioning than I normally do. I was pleased with my training week in general. I made a decision to no longer post my rest day on Sundays and just combine it with my week in review segment to make things easier.

I was pissed at myself for missing a day of HSPU work but I promised myself it will get done this week. Embarassingly enough, I injured my right shin last week playing on the equipment at my work. (For those who don't know, I work at a kid's birthday place called Pump It Up with large inflatable bounce houses, slides, etc. I took 2 children I know there to see what it was like). Of course I had to play on the equipment too and apparently I pushed too hard because my shin has been bothering me ever since last Monday. Tonight on my way home from work I almost had to call my mom to help me get out of the car because it was seizing up and firing pain so hard. Honestly just a weird injury and I'm hoping it doesn't affect my training. I pushed through it all week because it didn't hurt when I ran or lifted but it may need some special attention so I can just walk around.

I didn't get a chance to write up my training for the week but I'm planning on doing another Olympic lifting session, intervals and lots of heavy lifting. Also planning on getting in a good run or two with Contois during the week and maybe again on Saturday, if my shin complies.

One last thing.... This alpo diet is really getting old. As of today I'm on day 13 strict and I'm just tired of it. I'm not leaning out and it's just getting lamer by the day getting no benefits and having to pass on a lot of little things I enjoy (ketchup, ice cream, etc.). If I don't start noticing any positive effects within the next few days I may just dump the strict paleo completely and go back to the way I was, albeit a lot healthier. We'll see though.

No comments:

Post a Comment