Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Goals Training Crossfit, Long Run

5:30am

Run 52 minutes at 8:40/mile pace with Contois at Holden Rail Trail. Covered 6 miles. Would've been 3-4 minutes faster had I not had to stop and relieve myself mid trail...again -_-

7:00am

"Alternating Tabata Mashup"
Do 1 'tabata' cycle of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off but alternate throughout all 3 exercises. This makes 1 round. Do 5 rounds for total reps in each round.

95# Thruster, 50# KB Swing, Burpees

Total Reps Per Round: 26, 22, 21, 20, 20 = 109 total reps


MWOD Complete (Shoulders, Pectorals)

*Also got a 15-20 minute deep tissue massage from the girlfriend focusing on my legs and shoulders

COMMENTS
  • General: The run felt good minus the pit stop I had to make mid trail. It was cold as hell this morning but invigorating to be out there nonetheless. Most wednesdays I'll probably try to do this sort of run in the AM with Contois and maybe squeak in my lift before school, but I can't guarantee it will always happen. I had to do the longer run today instead of tomorrow because of the snow storm we got which was a good call on my part. No way I could run tomorrow. My gym is closed tomorrow due to the inclement weather so instead of deadlifting I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Pretty irritating but I won't be resting so we'll see what I come up with.
  • Nutrition: Good, strict day 2
  • Body: My squat muscles were pretty sore today, but other than that I felt really good.
  • Sleep: 6.5 hours. I'm praying classes are cancelled tomorrow so I can sleep in for 2 days in a row. I could really use it.
  • Reflections: I don't really even look forward to the Crossfit days anymore which is surprising. I much prefer just lifting and getting stronger now. I'm going to probably test my Fran time two Tuesdays from now to see where I'm at. I think to make it more interesting I may try to draw from mainsite metcon's each week from the last week or so in order to keep my Crossfit days more varied. Tomorrow I'm looking at doing some short intervals (weather permitting, I won't run if there is plows and ice all over the place) and something to work on my goals hopefully.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Tomorrow will be a good day to strap on the snow shoes! Hit the trails in Milbury and pack em down for our run on saturday. Just a thought!!

Post a Comment