Sunday, February 13, 2011

Week in Review (2/7-2/13)

Highlight of the week:
395x3 Deadlift
90 Second PR on Grace

Low Point of the week:
Feeling sick during my first weekend long run and having to stop prematurely

PR's: (7)
275x5 Back Squat
130x5 Press
13 reps at 95# Press
10 Bar Dips
"Grace" in 3:53
395x5 Deadlift
185x3 Bench Press

Things I Said I'd Do, and Did:
- No Injuries
- 3 hours of running on Saturday
- Improved Sleep
- PR's in all the main lifts (squat, press, DL)

Things I Didn't Do:
- Eat strict all week (5 out of 7 days)
- Any form of extra recovery techniques

Goals For Next Week:
- No paleo deviations
- Primal walk for 2 cumulative hours
- Fast at least once
- Run "Fartlek" style for the first time on Wednesday
- Hit 405x3 Deadlift
- 3-4 hour run on Saturday

OTHER COMMENTS:
Considering I changed my diet up considerably last week, it was great to see the number of PRs for the week increase and not any lagging effects that sometimes can happen. I wish I didn't cheat, because 12 days strict was the farthest I've gone in a while. I can only take it in stride and improve upon it this week by staying on top of it. I covered about 19 miles total this week in training which is very low for someone typically training for ultras, but is the highest total since the week of the 50k for me. I can't wait for the trails to melt so I can start logging miles somewhere other than on the roads.

Looking ahead, I'm really going to try to dial in my nutrition over the next couple weeks. Plain and simple, I want to get skinnier. I think it will help significantly with my running, along with my ultimate goal of being healthy. I plan to start this week on my push for leanness but eating a lot less fruit, primal walking for 2 hours throughout the week and also some IF. The next week of training is going to be similar to previous weeks, but I will have some changes to keep things fresh. I only have one more week after this one of high intensity training on this programming before I dial it back a bit to test my 1rm's and make final preparations for the NJ ultra festival.

On top of my training this week I am going to continue to look at possible ultras. Although I am still looking for what my summer training will be focused around, I started looking at possible 100 mile races for 2012 and have compiled a list of three potential races so far. More information on those as they come. I'm planning on running my first 100 sometime between April-August of 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment