Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Run, Deadlift, Pullups

5am

Run 67 minutes covering 7.4 total miles on the roads. We ran Fartlek style for 2-3 miles as a group (3 of us)where we alternated turns sprinting for 5 seconds randomly. Averaged just under 9 minute miles
_____

Deadlift 3-3-3
385
395
405 (F)

10x225#, fast reps looking to build explosive power with perfect form


"Death by Strict Pullups" 1 pullup the first minute, 2 the second.... until failure:
8 rounds + 7 pullups (43 total strict pullups)


COMMENTS
  • General: I really liked doing that new type of running today. It was a fun way to train. I will definitely do that again on my Wednesday runs. I ran on an empty stomach this morning with no problems. I knew before I went into the second training session it was a slim chance I'd hit 405. My legs and back were taxed from all the cleans (the maxing mostly) yesterday and the run this morning. I barely got 395# but I did so I am OK with the miss and will hopefully hit it next week. I planned to do more than the pullup WOD but I hurt my right pectoral doing them so I decided to play it safe and call it a day after that. It feels better now so hopefully it's nothing big.
  • Nutrition: Strict day 4. Fasting through breakfast tomorrow with a 1 hour walk in the AM.
  • Body: Back, legs and shoulders are sore. In general I don't feel 100% rested because of bad sleep and less eating.
  • Sleep: 5-6 hours + 45 minute nap
  • Reflections: Not the best training day but hopefully a rest day will make me feel better for Friday. I probably won't be long running this weekend for more than 1-2 hours because my foot has been bothering me and I'm trying to eat less food right now. I may choose to not even run and just do something else to work on my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment