Thursday, February 10, 2011

Rest Day

No training

Today I sent my mom a list of ultras that would be possible this summer. She wanted it so we could potentially plan a few days off around that area to go visit relatives or something. Figured I'd post it here to show readers which ultras I'm considering.


I realize I didn't put the names, but the ones in bold are the ones I'd choose if it was my decision alone. If I had to narrow it down to 1-2 I would like to either do the Mahlon Mayhem 100k or the Cactoctin 50k in MD which looks really hard. If anyone has any other suggestions for late may through the end of august, let me know.


COMMENTS
  • General: My training is supposed to be about earning rest days, and today was no exception. I hate resting when I don't feel like I need it, but I'm very susceptible to overtraining... my body has a very fine line between pushing it and going overboard. Very well deserved based on the last couple days of training that have left me pretty drained.
  • Nutrition: Good, day 11. Finished my fast at 18 hours.
  • Body: Shoulders, hip flexors, hamstrings, abs, obliques, lower back all really sore.
  • Sleep: 8.5 hours
  • Reflections: Looking forward to box squatting tomorrow, hopefully setting a PR on the bench press and trying out farmer's walks for the first time. Going to be a fun weekend with a good run Saturday morning.

3 comments:

Shane said...

Vermont 100k would be 20x better than Mahlon Mayhem 100k, just my opinion.

Justin said...

Wapack is in early may and a great 50 miler. Come join me in some hill climbing!

Ben said...

Shane, any particular reason behind that? The vermont course looks sweet, there is no denying that. The Mahlon is good for me because I have family nearby (the location of the 50 I'm doing next month is 10 min from my aunts house), therefore my mom can get something out of driving there with me. The other thing I was worried about was doing the volunteering thing for the race. Any info on that?

Contois.... I've gone back and forth on the Wapack. I don't know if I'd be ready for it just yet, especially since it's only 5 weeks after my ultra now. Either way, I'll be there at the starting line with you in 2012...

Post a Comment