Monday, February 14, 2011

Squat, Press, Dips, Curls, Core

Squat 5-5-5
265
275
285 (PR)

Press 5-5-5
125
130
135 *On the 5th rep, I accidentally dipped with my right knee really slightly while catching my balance. I can't with a good conscience call it a legit rep so I can't call it a PR. I'll probably look to hit 135 on my 2nd set next week and go from there.

1x Max Reps 95# Press- 14 (PR)


Max Rep Dips * (Note: I changed the direction I go on the V shaped dip bar, making them harder. My numbers are down this week because of that)
8,7,5

Barbell Curls 3x5x90#, 3x10+x70#

75 4-Count Flutter Kicks Not Timed


HSPU practice: 3 sets of 10 doing modified handstand pushups off the back of my couch


COMMENTS
  • General: Unfortunate what happened with the press PR but I can only take it in stride. Another 10 pound PR on squat for this week but I think next week could be very challenging to hit 295. I've continued to go up 1 rep a week on the high rep set, and once I hit 18-21 I will probably test my Fran time. Good to see me stick to the plan and do my dreaded HSPU practice.
  • Nutrition: Strict day 2. For now I'm implementing a new strategy by eating in more of a food window. I work 4 nights a week anyway at 5:30pm-ish so I will stop eating all food for the day around 5-6pm, 7 days a week. I'm hoping this helps me lean out a bit. Also going to cut back my fruit consumption to bare minimum on non-running days.
  • Body: Felt good today. My elbows kind of tweaked a bit so I may not do the powerclean workout I have planned for tomorrow.
  • Sleep: 7.5 hours
  • Reflections: Good day overall and I'm looking forward to what I have planned for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment