Thursday, February 17, 2011

Rest Day

1 hour walk in the AM, otherwise no training

COMMENTS
  • General: Nice walk on a 18 hour fast which led me to devour breakfast shortly after. Felt good to do very little today.
  • Nutrition: Good, 5 days strict. 18 hour total fast from 4:30pm yesterday to 10:30 this morning.
  • Body: Lower back was pretty sore but I felt pretty good otherwise, just really tired.
  • Sleep: 7 hours, then 3 more hours. I had to get up at 5 to drive my dad to the hospital for surgery, got home 90 min later and went back to sleep for 3 more hours
  • Reflections: I'll probably eat a huge breakfast tomorrow so my training session doesn't suffer. I'm looking forward to a bench PR attempt tomorrow. Still not sure what I'm doing Saturday but me and Bryan will be doing at least an hour run in the morning for sure. May do something else or go for a longer run than that.

2 comments:

Shane said...

Oh in regard to your question why Vermont 100k > Mahlon 100k.

Course is slightly more challenging and way more scenic. Race atmosphere is incredible. Mahlon Mayhem atmosphere was kinda standard. And Mahlon is a loop, not quite as exciting as point-to-point. Finally, there is a campground at Vermont which is really fun. I was the only one who stayed overnight when I went to Mahlon, though. Not saying it's a bad race, it was great actually, just not near the quality of VT.

As far as volunteering, you just need to get someone to sign papers that you volunteered 8 hours at an ultramarathon. It's actually pretty fun. They'll usually just have you captain an aid station and if there's extra people you might even get to do a workout on the trails while you're waiting.

Ben said...

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely keep that into consideration as I make to look my final decision

Post a Comment