Saturday, February 12, 2011

Several Cases of the Runs......

Today I did 2 Runs......

6am, Wheeler Rd. trails with Contois for an hour. We covered approximately 5 miles on these snowy, icy, hard packed down trails. We went back to the cars to stash some gear and took off on a little loop Contois runs in the morning that is 6.5 miles or around there according to Mapmyrun. The last hour of this run our water bottles were frozen shut, so it was a good test of running dehydrated. My total run time was 2:07.

3:30pm, My house to the wheeler Rd. trails again for 25 minutes, then back to my house on the main road. This was a 5 mile run approximately in 46:30.


COMMENTS
  • General: Got to love a good pun for the title.... I didn't have any intentions of doing this today, but towards the end of the first run my stomach seized up and wouldn't stop. It got worse so I decided to call it and Contois went back on the trail to finish up his 3 hour run. I got home and felt better after about 2 hours of constantly using the bathroom (meaning I made the right call by stopping) and vowed to run again after work. I went at a lot faster pace than I thought I'd be able to sustain in the 2nd run and that was why I finished it so quickly. I also broke 100 miles for the year 2011 so far after today's distance. At my current pace, I could run over 800 miles this year. I don't know if that will happen but that's where I'm at so far.
  • Nutrition: I elected today a cheat day, since I was sort of bummed I cheated last night. I've been doing a lot of research today and may look to implement some new strategies for fat loss when I go strict again tomorrow.
  • Body: I feel good. My butt was kind of sore from the box squat and my lower back was sore on the run, but other than that I felt good to go.
  • Sleep: 6 hours. Slept at my girlfriend's house so shitty quality. I couldn't stay asleep for more than 2 hours without waking up.
  • Reflections: I love the fact that I can still crank out 9 minute miles with ease after I run over 11 miles only hours before. It shows how far I've come as a runner. I was reminiscing with my mom at dinner about how just 4 years ago a 20 minute run would leave me crippled for 2 days (kind of wish I was joking) and reaching for my inhaler for the "asthma" that I convinced myself I had... which turned out to be another syndrome called "fat as fuck". Oh the good old days. Anyway, rest day tomorrow and back to the barbell on Monday. Got a solid week of training lined up.

No comments:

Post a Comment